Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cool Tool Alert: Volusion E-Commerce


Well there are many e-commerce tools out on the market. I wanted to highlight Volusion's E-Commerce tool. I have done a lot of research on tools for clients. The one thing that I've found that non-profits are interested in is allowing the buyer to "roll-up" their change from their purchase or add a new donation all together to their order. The website highlights many websites that are using it but the best one I could find that demonstrates the donation portion is Barack Obama's website. Go through his store and pretend to add an item to your basket. When it adds it, the next screen asks you if you want to round up your donation. This is a great way to allow donors to donate to your cause without having to hand out $5 and $10 donations. Most people don't miss the change. For example, when I go to PetSmart each week to buy my cat and dog food, upon payment, it asks if I want to donate $1. I always donate because in the large scheme of things, $1 isn't going to break my purchase of $100. So try using Volusion for your e-commerce solution. If you are interested in using this tool or want more information on it, drop me an email and I'll be glad to get you started.

No comments: